Ladies and gentlemen, we now have a new president of the US.
President Barack H. Obama
Let the real work begin. Be the change you wish to see in the world. Remember to follow what our elected polititians are doing and rememeber to nudge them in the right direction.
Later, I will add the speech. For me, these 2 quotes were the highlights:
“Your people will remember what you build, not what you destroy.”
“We are willing to extend our hand if you are willing to unclunch your fist.”
I believe that’s LaLa with son and a bystander… or husband, I don’t know lol
Here is a list of events for today. courtesy of MSNBC.com (also check Yahoo.com for events)
- Gates to the Inaugural Ceremony open at 8 a.m. The inaugural festivities are scheduled to start at 10 a.m. on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol. They will include:
- Musical selections of The United States Marine Band, followed by the San Francisco Boys Chorus and the San Francisco Girls Chorus.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein provides call to order and welcoming remarks.
- Invocation by the Rev. Rick Warren.
- Musical selection of Aretha Franklin.
- Biden will be sworn into office by Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
- Musical selection of John Williams, composer/arranger with Itzhak Perlman, (violin), Yo-Yo Ma (cello), Gabriela Montero (piano) and Anthony McGill (clarinet).
- Obama will take the Oath of Office, using President Lincoln’s Inaugural Bible, administered by Chief Justice John Roberts. Scheduled around noon.
- Obama gives the inaugural address.
- Poem by Elizabeth Alexander.
- Benediction by Rev. Joseph E. Lowery.
- The National Anthem by The United States Navy Band “Sea Chanters.”
After Obama gives inaugural address, he will escort outgoing President George W. Bush to a departure ceremony before attending a luncheon in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall.
The 56th Inaugural Parade will then make its way down Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House.
I can only imagine how the Obama family feels right now… even I can’t sleep lol
Oh and be sure to check out the Flickr pool as well. Nice shots of everything inaugraul.
I will be posting again (at least once every 2 days, defiantly 3 times a week at least) on what’s I like in tech and fashion, trends, and what it really is to be grown and sexy… and that means ALSO being (at the very least aware of) professional and being political.
Yeah that’s right I said it. You have to get down and dirty sometimes for the better-ment of your community and for your own personal welbeing.
Well, I’ll go into that later. My main point is that my blog will re-open tomorrow for the inaugural of the 44 president.
I welcome everyone to my blog and hope you get more out of it than I do (and that’s saying allot cause I plan on getting allot out of writing here)
See you tomorrow!